- i have a lot of work to do, but somehow i found the time to write a post today. i just don't have it in me to work. thankfully tomorrow's a half day. :-)
- i wanna get my hair done before i go home, but i still haven't overcome my aversion to hair stylists...
- why am i always the one coordinating outings with my friends from Spelman? i know we all know how to contact one another. i should not be making all the effort.
- i need to call my cousins and see about going out to visit them again before i leave. i can't remember for the life of me what the name city they live in is.
- i have yet to do any of the summer prep work required of me. the estimated time is 30-40 hours, but from what i hear, it takes much longer. and i'm supposed to be in Houston by June 7th, with all work completed.
- riddle me this: if you on the cusp of becoming the executive director for a region, wouldn't you make sure your hair always looked fresh? for example, if you had cornrows (which is another issue in and of itself), wouldn't you make sure they looked fresh all day every day?
- saw this on Trent's page, came across this and it took everything in me not to burst out laughing at work. i wonder if Tech will come across this page when i send it back next week. anyway, i can't believe this is coming on Public Access television here in ATL! and she has the nerve to host this show with her mama?! almost makes me wish i'd had a television all this time...
- uhm, does he know that once i'm gone, these are tasks he'll have to do? well, i'm sure he'll find out. lol...
- it's hard to explain, but lately i've become increasingly agitated with people and their high standards. i understand the whole stand for something or you'll fall for anything thing, but some people take it too far. no one's perfect... hmmm... i might blog about that a little later.
- My comment on Deep's 1st post of today brought back some good memories. :-) i might post about the 2nd date a little later.
- why am i acting like i'll be able to blog that much in the coming weeks?
- this may be TMI, but i'll say it anyway: does anyone else think tampons are kind of... crude? so, you mean, i'm supposed to stick this cotton/polyster wad inside me? ok!
- i still haven't quite devised a plan for getting all of my belongings to Tulsa and then subsequently getting them to Houston. i was thinking about pulling a U-Haul trailer, but since i don't have a hitch, i have to get that and the silver ball thing and well, the cost is way more than what it's worth. so, that's out. i think the best thing to do is go out to storage, make decisions about what can really be tossed, pack what i can in the car and ship what doesn't fit. i am not looking forward to that at all.
- was anyone else as glad as i was that the Russian chick didn't win ANTM?
- why is Mo'nique hosting Charm School?
- honestly, i don't miss not having a TV for the past year or so.
“If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” -Audre Lorde
5.17.2007
Questions, Comments, Concerns
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
You need to find the Internet version of bell so we know when you update. ;o) You posting and Ladynay not. It's the end of days, I tell you. LOL!
Okay I'm going to start screaming summer prep work at you until you get annoyed enough to do it.
I'll have to check out and comment on the videos later.
Besides saying eww at the tampon blurb I could say something nasty but since I don't have a nasty bone in my body I won't. Oh the moral high ground is such a nice place isn't it? LOL!
Mo'nique needs to be enrolled in Charm School. Of course I would probably never watch it again if she was actually in it like that but still.
Oh yeah, f-i-r-s-t, first, first, first is me. I'm first! Yeah, yeah and you're not. Let me stop. Wait a minute. [Growls at everybody after me.] Now I'm done. :o)
That should be Internet version of a bell.
Problem solved...eat lunch at Panera everyday and post while you eat. :-)
I am not an organizer type person so maybe your spelman sisters aren't either.
Don't watch the shows you referenced.
Someone in the position of being soon to be exec could wear neat braids or even cornrows depending on the style and size, but you gotta be careful with that in corporate america.
Ok. I am not a fan of cornrows. I dont like to look at those on grown women. Maybe its just me.
I asked the same question about Monique. lol.
Was the town Douglasville or Lawrenceville?
You are so busy. When are we hanging?
Tampons are of the devil. lol
Post the other story.
Freaky:
LOL! you're silly. hmmm... maybe i should reinstate you as my houseboy and ask you to look for that Internet bell for me. yeah, that's an excellent idea! :-)
hmmm... i'll just respectfully ignore those screams.
the videos are a trip.
something told me you would find the tampon blurb gross. and something told me i would amused by this. so, right on both counts! :-D
well, it's about time you were first. i was going to change your name to Freaky Come Lately. ;-)
oh, and i understood what you meant.
ladynay:
i'm sooo over Panera! lol... i can't hang out at another one again.
you know, i considered that. but, one planned a surprise party for her now fiance. so, she knows how to organize something. plus, there are only 3 of us.
i'm ashamed to say i've been watching those shows. TV is the devil!
well, thankfully the company is a non-profit, so it's a little more loose. personally, i don't like cornrows, but i hate them when they're as fuzzy.
deep:
that's funny, i don't mind them on women. well, as long as they're styled a certain way.
oh, it came to me last night. it's McDonough!
check your e-mail. ;-)
you know, you may be on to something there.
i'll try to do it soon.
I hate cornrows on females, males, and whites but especially the latter two.
I had at least three responses to your Freaky comes lately comment. All of them were dirty. [whistles and strolls off]
i had a three dirty thoughts myself when i wrote this. ;-)
Hello blog friend!
I am VERY happy that Natasha didn't win on ANTM- Jaslene was so much better- I was truly happy.
I too think that tampons are crude- but I've recently decided that they are a better option than other options- TMI (I erased the REAL TMI info lol). I will say that the first month I swore I was coming down with TSS (LOL)- clearly it didn't happen. TMI...
So for my move I found out that it costs upwards of 300-500 dollars to do a one-way trailor move from PA to NC (because of supply and demand down there- they're overrun with trailers!). I almost died. It seems cheaper to get a group of professional movers-- perhaps not...
hey julian! long time no hear from! :-)
oh, i'm so glad you agree with me about Natasha and Jaslene. i kinda wanted to see Renee win since she'd had a rough life. but, as long as it wasn't Natasha, i'm cool.
LMAO @ erasing the REAL TMI. i can imagine what it was! anyway, yeah, they are a better option as i've also recently discovered. oh, and i too was terrified i was going to come down w/ TSS. oh, the trials of being women.
you know, the thing w/ trailers is the hitch that makes the cost sky high. i just need the smallest one possible, and that costs like $20 one way. but, only for the trailer itself. as for hiring a mover, i guess it depends on what you place more value--- time or money.
Post a Comment