7.19.2007

8 Things

i'm still in Tulsa, taking a semi-vacay. well, minus the tropical drinks, laying on the beach all day and going somewhere that's actually fun. :-) hey, i did say semi, right? anyway, i actually didn't leave Houston until Sunday morning (i was just too exhausted to leave on Saturday), and was supposed to drive back to Houston this morning. but, yesterday morning, i had a dream about something that happened a few years ago and i decided it was best to stay here for a few more days. so, here i sit in my favorite free wi-fi place (don't say it, Ladynay!). i see everyone is doing this 8 Things meme and damn it, i wanna do it too! :-) it's been a loooong time since i did a meme and i like this one. so, here goes....


Rules:

1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.

2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.

3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.

4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.

5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

  1. This is really strange, but i have a habit of counting the number of letters in words. i even take it so far as to then calculate the number of words in a paragraph. why or when i picked up this habit is beyond me. but, i suspect boredom plays a huge part in this behavior.
  2. One of my new favorite past times is practicing my "teacher face" in the mirror. you all know the face i'm talking about. i have the "i can wait" look down, but i don't look mean enough.... yet. it's a work in progress.
  3. i truly believe MySpace is the devil and as such refuse to get a MySpace account. (but, Facebook is ok.... :-))
  4. I wear lipstick and/or tinted lip gloss every time i have to go out and see the public, even if it's just to go around the corner to the store.
  5. i throughly enjoy listening to the conversations of complete strangers, esp. when it appears drama is involved. people are a trip more often than not and it's fun to see/hear what other people deem important enough to talk about in public.
  6. i have an excellent memory. so much so that i sometimes find myself pretending i don't remember something so people won't get weirded out by what i manage to recall.
  7. i like trying different cuisines, but i don't necessarily prefer to go out to eat.
  8. although my recent activities/life decisions may indicate otherwise, i really do look forward to settling down in one city, getting married, having a few kids, and all that jazz.
ok, ya'll know i don't tag people. so, it's up to you if you want to do this meme or not.

until next time...

13 comments:

Your Favorite Teacher said...

The teacher face will come in time... and the funny thing is you will have no idea that you are even doing it... and you will develop multiple teacher faces...

Ladynay said...

Yah know, a local morning show did a topic on weird things and quirks a few months ago and a lady called in and had the weird habit of counting letters when people spoke. The morning show team (and myself) didn't really believe her so they tested her by saying things and like a machine she could tell you how many letters you just spoke. It was very odd! Your fact reminded me of that chick. So just know you are not the only person in the universe that does stuff like that.

I'm also with ZK, once you get in the class good and work with the kids on a more regular basis, you'll have your faces down pack to the point you don't know you're giving them!

Freaky Deaky said...

Um you can practice your teacher face and few other faces on me. :o) What? I'm just offering my services.

Your new nickname is CIA. LOL Or would you prefer FBI. I bet that's where Mini Z gets her proclivity to extortion from. Yep, I solely blame you and thus take no responsibility for it whatsoever.

Have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

I count letters to. I try to stop it but I can't. When I read you do that my mouth flew open b/c I just knew I was the only person to do that.

blkbutterfly said...

zk:
yeah, i've been told i have one already. and like you said, i have no idea i'm doing it. for whatever reason i want one i've refined! lol... multiple teacher faces, huh? interesting...

ladynay:
wow... she's good! i don't count as people are talking. sometimes i do it as i'm reading something.

freaky:
and what kind of faces would you like for me to practice with you. ;-)

what? we can't help it if we like to have as much information as possible! if ppl are speaking loudly enough for me to hear, well, i'm going to listen! :-) just you wait, her extortion habits will make her daddy a rich man one day!

southern gal:
i thought i was the only one too! glad to know i'm not alone. :-) why do you think you do it?

Jameil said...

LOVE that your practice the teacher face!! if you think eavesdropping on strangers is fun, do it w/your ipod. OH MY!! i like my hearing so i don't turn mine up super loud which means i can always hear what people are saying. FUN FUN times. the letter counting is a bit scary. i'm on myspace, but refuse to get a facebook.

Julian said...

Ok, for real, we've both said this before, but you and I are so alike in some respects!!

"i have an excellent memory. so much so that i sometimes find myself pretending i don't remember something so people won't get weirded out by what i manage to recall."
--> ME TOO!! LOL I have done this SO many times!! I remember EVERYTHING- but since most people don't, I too have to act like I don't so that I don't look weird. I hate having to do it.

I also have weird counting habits- I can't pinpoint exactly what they are because they sometimes happen without me noticing, but I'll catch myself doing it- like counting steps or something.

I have a myspace and a facebook...and a friendster...

Ms.Honey said...

Count how many words there are on this page LOL..I'm jokin

I think you do want to settle down but we're still young so we can do whatever we want now be it move to Japan or weird black everyday LOL

When you get the teacher face show us so we can tell you if it's mean enough

deepnthought said...

I thought I posted a comment. I guess not. Now I cant remember what I said. I will comeback.

apprentice said...

Glad you're getting some R&R.
Nice MEME, I'm with you on the memory, mine is pretty good, and when I younger I could remember who said what at lobg labourius meetings, without taking many notes.

I never leave the house without mascara on, folks would scream and run away.

blkbutterfly said...

jameil:
this girl i knew in college would sometimes pretend she was deaf on the MARTA so ppl wouldn't bother her and so she could eavesdrop on conversations. i sense it's akin to listening to convos w/ the Ipod on.

julian:
it's because we're birthday twins! :-) i hate playing like i forgot something too. but, it has to be done from time to time.

i also count steps and other little things. i don't know why my mind goes there.

lol @ the multiple social networks you are a part of. i just can't get w/ it. sometimes i deactivate my facebook acct. when i get tired of being accessible.

honey:
i've been told i have a good teacher face, but i don't even realize i'm doing it. it has to be in the moment, i guess.

you're right, in my heart of hearts, i want to settle down and live a normal life. until someone comes along to make it worth my while, i guess i'll be moving to Japan! :-)

deep:
hmmm.... you may very well have and blogger deleted or something.

apprentice:
alas, the R&R is over and done with. time to be back on the grind.

lol @ the mascara comment. i'm sure it's not that bad. until a few years ago, i refused to wear mascara. i wear it now even though i really don't need it.

blkbutterfly said...

jameil:
this girl i knew in college would sometimes pretend she was deaf on the MARTA so ppl wouldn't bother her and so she could eavesdrop on conversations. i sense it's akin to listening to convos w/ the Ipod on.

julian:
it's because we're birthday twins! :-) i hate playing like i forgot something too. but, it has to be done from time to time.

i also count steps and other little things. i don't know why my mind goes there.

lol @ the multiple social networks you are a part of. i just can't get w/ it. sometimes i deactivate my facebook acct. when i get tired of being accessible.

honey:
i've been told i have a good teacher face, but i don't even realize i'm doing it. it has to be in the moment, i guess.

you're right, in my heart of hearts, i want to settle down and live a normal life. until someone comes along to make it worth my while, i guess i'll be moving to Japan! :-)

deep:
hmmm.... you may very well have and blogger deleted or something.

apprentice:
alas, the R&R is over and done with. time to be back on the grind.

lol @ the mascara comment. i'm sure it's not that bad. until a few years ago, i refused to wear mascara. i wear it now even though i really don't need it.

apprentice said...

Glad you're getting some R&R.
Nice MEME, I'm with you on the memory, mine is pretty good, and when I younger I could remember who said what at lobg labourius meetings, without taking many notes.

I never leave the house without mascara on, folks would scream and run away.