(not so) random thoughts...
- well, it looks like i'm back to going to Houston to get my hair done. a few posts ago, i showed a pic of my hair progress. while i'm happy that my hair is long AND healthy, i'm also irritated because of the amount of money i spent to get it done. i found a stylist who does Black hair, and to wash, condition, blow dry, flat iron, and trim my hair she charged $85. AND i didn't like her attitude. smh... she acted like she was working wonders with my hair and doing something that had never been done. i will admit, it wasn't in the best shape when i arrived, but that's because i don't know how to do hair and i don't trust people doing natural hair. anyway, i called my stylist today, who said she'd missed me and was looking forward to seeing me and have an appointment set for next Saturday. honestly, before i went to the stylist, i felt some time of (not good) way about it. always go with your first mind...
- when i was in ATL with my friends, we started talking about marriage. when i told them i wasn't 100% sold on the idea of getting married, they looked like i'd said i wanted to drown some puppies. they were all like, "Who's going to take care of you when you get old?! Do you want to be by yourself forever?!" they seemed to feel a little better when i told them i hadn't totally written off the idea of marriage, but just wasn't 100% sold on it yet. honestly, sometimes i can see myself marrying JE, but other times, i'm like, i don't know about all of that. perhaps it's a fear of the unknown.
- so, i have a confession. *deep breath* so, i think i want to have children. LOL! ya'll probably thought i was going to say something mind blowing. well, for me, that is mind blowing. all this time, i haven't been interested in having children. in fact, the mere thought made me feel like running for the hills. don't get it twisted: i will not be posting about having a bun in the oven anytime soon. because really, most moms don't make motherhood seem fun, so i have my reality checks daily. but, i'm actually open to the idea of children. JE is very much interested in having children, which makes the whole fertility issue that more painful...
- one of my FB friends posted a status talkin' about how her daughter was getting used to her cooking and how that would not do. *blank stare* I completely understand not liking to cook because Lord knows it's not a picnic for me, but it made me wonder if mothers my age are really content with their kids not eating home cooked meals. i'm not a parent, but if/when i do have kids, i can't see myself letting my kids eat more fast food then my food. idk, though, that's just me...
- i just finished my 2nd week at my job. well, i only work 2 days a week, so it's not a week in the usual sense of the word. so far, it's going well. i like the people i work with and they're so much better than at my summer gig.
- the one thing i don't like about my job is the pay schedule. for whatever reason, the school district pays on a monthly basis. and by the time i started last Monday, they had closed payroll. so, that means that i have to wait until the end of next month to get paid. oh, and since i'm paid by the hour and not salary, i'll only get paid for the last two weeks of this month and the first two weeks of next month since payroll closes so early. which means i won't be paid for the last two weeks of November until the end of December. idk, this whole schedule may be normal but it's been a looong time since i worked an hourly job. also, since i'm an hourly employee, i won't be paid during Thanksgiving and Winter Breaks. so... i'll be off during Christmas, but won't be paid. thankfully this job is a source of supplemental income and not my main gig.
- So, I'm at the grocery store yesterday and the cashier says, "you look like a graduate student." I confirm this is the case and ask what made him think that. He said, "you have just a few items... getting just enough." I laughed and said, "yes, because we're poor!"
- am i the only one not breaking out in hives because Tyler Perry is directing "for colored girls"? sure, TP is no Spike Lee, but really, i don't think it's going to be bad. and, really, how cool is is that the movie is even being made at all. the original choreopoem is a Black jewel, but how many of our jewels have actually seen the large screen? maybe i shouldn't be so flippant about it, but i'm just not pressed that it's being put on by TP...
- two more weeks until my birthday! what are you getting me? :-)
7 comments:
Yay! Sometimes you have to sacrifice a drive to have people do what you want with the hair.
Marriage *sigh* next subject. LOL!
I think it's cool that you are at least considering kids. That's a big move for you!
Cooking at home is cheaper. I am one of those parents in your age range that has my seed eating at home vs. fast food most the time. Who can afford to eat out like that?????
I soooooooo don't miss getting paid monthly *thumbs down*
ROFL @ the grocery store situation! I guess he also knows when the loan checks come in too! LOL!
No offense to TP, but I think I would have gotten more excited with another director taking that story to the big screen
I hope it's a lot better than the trailers make it seem. Not that I plan on seeing it anyway. All those chicks either look pissed off or depressed.
Mmm hmm. You're going to end up pregnant and I'm going to feel funny. :o( Mark my words.
That's too long to be waiting for your money. It's your money and you need it now! :o)
You're getting the new & improved, super deluxe, limited edition version of what I got you last year. I got you! LOL.
i see nothing wrong with you wanting to have children....marriage i think i am finally realizing it may not happen...i am also excited that you are enjoin work
$85??? For that? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiit.......
The way your friends looked at you when you told them your feelings on marriage is how people look at me when I tell them I'm not sure if I want to have children. Not everyone wants or desires the same things in life. It baffles me that people (still) can't grasp that basic concept.
One of my buddies gets paid monthly too (she works for a small school district). Sure it beats not having a paycheck at all but it still doesn't seem fair. I can only imagine how hard it is to stretch that check out.
Ladynay:
yeah, and adding on to the fact that Austin has few Black stylists, it's almost a necessity...
yes, it is much cheaper. we eat at home 9 times out of 10, and when/if i have kids, going out will definitely be a treat.
well, my main job only pays once a month, but it's a salary job, so it feels different than being paid by the hour and i know the don't close payroll so early.
it turned out he and his wife were in a teacher prep program, so he knows what's up!
i've been wondering what people's reactions would have been if the director hadn't been announced. would they have been so vehemently against it?
BH:
No, I'm not. However, if I did, then I could see why you would feel that way. First Mariah and then me. LOL! ;-)
lol! i didn't know that commercial played nationally.
:-( I'm going to act like you meant to say you were planning to get me the best gift in the world. yes, that's what you meant.
T.C.:
oh, no, there's nothing wrong with it. it's just different for me to feel that way.
oh, don't say that! i'm sure that it will.
AR Gal:
i know, right?
yeah, it baffles me too.
yes, it's VERY hard to stretch it out. getting paid once a month forces me to pay ALL bills on the 1st, to make sure i don't come up short towards the end. i also take out all food and gas money on the first so that whatever is left in there is for fun or miscellaneous expenses. needless to say, it requires a LOT of discipline.
$85??? For that? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiit.......
The way your friends looked at you when you told them your feelings on marriage is how people look at me when I tell them I'm not sure if I want to have children. Not everyone wants or desires the same things in life. It baffles me that people (still) can't grasp that basic concept.
One of my buddies gets paid monthly too (she works for a small school district). Sure it beats not having a paycheck at all but it still doesn't seem fair. I can only imagine how hard it is to stretch that check out.
I hope it's a lot better than the trailers make it seem. Not that I plan on seeing it anyway. All those chicks either look pissed off or depressed.
Mmm hmm. You're going to end up pregnant and I'm going to feel funny. :o( Mark my words.
That's too long to be waiting for your money. It's your money and you need it now! :o)
You're getting the new & improved, super deluxe, limited edition version of what I got you last year. I got you! LOL.
Post a Comment