A few months ago, I blogged about going to the doctor and hearing some not so great news about the endocrine disorder that I have... I even cried in the car on the way home. While it wasn't life threatening, it was clear that my body was off and just not doing what it was supposed to do. Anyway, I filled the prescriptions, hired a nutritionist to help me learn how to eat properly because what I was doing wasn't working, and followed the meal plans that she gave me. I didn't implement exercise because I still haven't found something that I like doing and will keep up consistently. Well, at my doctor's appointment this morning, my lab results look so much better! Some areas are normal while others are much closer to normal than they were in February.
I've noticed some slight changes in my body that let me know I was on the right track. The plan is to continue what I'm doing as far as medication for the next six months and then re-assess from there as the goal is to get off the medication. During my meditation time last night, I thought about it's time to implement a consistent work out plan. I've been having... visions (for lack of a better word) of my future self and the only way I'll get there is to lose the weight. I hate talking about weight because I feel like women talk about it too much already.
I booked my vacation last month. In a few weeks, I'll be on a flight to Aruba! I originally planned to go somewhere in the U.S. but that didn't really work out because nothing excited them. I started looking at Expedia's vacation packages, did a ton of research for safe places for a woman to travel alone and wound up at Aruba. As luck would have it, I found a great hotel and flight deal (living in Houston has its perks), so I booked it and the rest is history. I haven't been on a real vacation since 2009, so to say I'm overdue would be an understatement.
My aunt and I went to Tulsa for Memorial Day. While we were there, I was reminded of my last trip home, nearly a year ago. What a difference a year makes! I was an emotional wreck the entire time, but I think I hid it ok. Well, until we were at the cemetery where my mom and grandpa are buried. I broke down at my mom's grave... something that hasn't happened since the day we buried her in 2004. So many changes were in the works and I was scared of all of it. Breaking up w/ JE, desperately looking for a new job and wanting to get out of Austin. It was just too much and it felt like I was managing it alone. Today I can say that I feel so much better. At peace.., while still knowing there's room for growth.
Things with College Fair are still moving slowly. I was reminded that I asked for a man with certain qualities and I got what I asked for... LOL! Some of those qualities means that the pace is slow right now. It's all good, though... I feel that things are unfolding just as they should and while slow movement can be frustrating at times, it's needed.
until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment