So, CO and I are completely over and done with. so, i mentioned a few weeks ago that he and i were taking a break. i don't know why i didn't just call a spade a spade and say we weren't together anymore and honestly, wouldn't be getting back together. although he and i didn't say that, given what has and has not happened over the past few months, that's what needed to happen. i struggled with whether or not to go into detail about what happened. partially because i was somewhat embarrassed at the turn of events. you know how when you believe in someone or something and then it turns out not to be real? well, that's how i felt. and the other part of me didn't want CO to turn into Mr. NRN, where i blog ad nauseam about our drama. but, you know, blogging for me is about getting all my feelings out and not letting them sit there and fester. as brave a face as i've tried to put up, the situation w/ CO has been really bothering me. it just defies all logic... or maybe it makes complete sense and i just refuse to see what's right there in front of me.
anyway, CO and I are no more because communication from him ceased. and when i say ceased, i mean it came to a screeching halt. it all started after i saw him on New Year's. i mean, there were a few times when he would respond to communication from me, but it was still piss poor. for a while i gave him the benefit of the doubt and chalked it up to his being in his first year of law school. they say it's the hardest year and so i rolled with that. but, really, no one is so busy that they can't respond to communication from the person they claim to be in a relationship with. even though i tried to ignore it, the situation felt like deja vu. well, sort of. when we stopped talking in college, it was a mutual decision. i wasn't upset because there was no commitment made at that time. back in November he told me he wasn't "ready for a woman" at that time and that's what contributed to his departure. ok, cool. and for a while i tried to accept the fact that our "relationship" was different and that it would be a learning experience. i'd assumed that since he asked me point blank to be his girl that he was ready now. hmmm... i guess not. today a little something happened that was akin to a slap in the face. it was a small thing and yet it spoke volumes. i won't go into detail about what happened because in effect, it was the straw that broke the camel's back. after it happened, i went ahead and deleted his number from my cell and all instances of when i called him, deleted his e-mail address from my address books and removed him as my Facebook friend. (i know the last thing sounds silly, but as some of you may know, Facebook tells you every little thing about what people do with their profiles. I really didn't think I needed that information at my disposal.)
i think what's most troubling is how real he seemed. i'm a skeptic of most people and yet i fell hook, line, and sinker for what ultimately were lies. my feelings are hurt by the series of events, but i'm not depressed. i'm actually more confused than anything. i like to make sense of things and i just can't do it here. in an ideal world, we'd be able to talk about it and even if he gave me a bull shit answer, i'd have something. i guess we can't always get what we want.
12 comments:
I am so tired of feeling like I am looking in the mirror when I come over here and read your post... lol.
I am so sorry about CO.... I so feel you on the trust and realness factor. I told you I could jump in the truck and grab the bat...lol....
It will get better. It is good to get your feelings out.
This is the part where I would invite you to drinks and a pedicure :-)
I agree with Deep and Lady...you provide the couch we will bring the drinks. Sometimes we have to give ourselves time to believe what we already know to be and you shouldn't apologize for that...on top of that although we hate to admit it what doesn't kill us makes us stronger..because of this you know what you want and when to know you're getting some BS served to you HOT (lol)....it's always good to vent and get it out there that way later on you'll know just how upset you were and won't look back or hopefully have another deja vu episode.
I don't really know what to say. I'm sorry that he may have contributed to proving the skeptic in you right. I hope after any wounds have healed and you're ready that you'll give someone else a chance.
I think when you find the right guy he'll be lucky to have you and I'll immediately dislike him. :o) What?
I'm sorry you're hurting. (((BBM)))
nothing makes you feel better like a night of talking and drinks..... LOL... Only kidding, but seriously, happy hour anyone?????? lol..
I am so sorry your hurting....
DNT:
hooray for happy hour! :-)
we should keep a running tally of posts that are like mirror images. ;-)
yeah, it will def. get better. i'm confident of that. it just sucks when you have to deal w/ the not so cool times.
ladynay:
awww, thanks! :-) the toes just got done, but i'd def. take you up on the drinks offer!
honey-libra:
it's funny how our mind has not catch up to what our heart already knows (and vice versa).
you're sooo right about needing to look back and see just how upset you were. sometimes it's easier to repress emotions, when you really need to allow yourself to feel the pain, anger, etc.
BBD:
well, sometimes the skeptic in me is right, and it's good that's present. it helps keep me on my toes.
thanks for the hug!
LOL @ immed. disliking the right guy. if you'd just make an honest woman out of me, you wouldn't feel that way! :-)
Hey, he'd be a rival so he'd immediately go on my super secret, I hope he dies in fiery car crash list. :o)
Why do you keep playing with me? You know I'm waiting for you to pop the question but I see you're being stubborn again. Don't you know how much it hurts me when people see me with a procession of grocery carts, five kids, and no ring on my finger. They think I'm some kind of slut or something and it makes me cry late at night. You can't keep using as some kind of boy toy, well actually you can but you really need to make an honest man out of me.
hmmm... methinks that list isn't so super secret anymore. :-p well, at least the fact that it does in fact exist...
I'm sorry to hear this as well! It's so funny how we will ignore the truth until it becomes undeniably evident. I'm like you- I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. Thanks for sharing- I know that doing so can be hard and embarrassing...
yeah, it was very hard to do, but you know, i always want to be truthful on my blog and expose things, no matter how ugly they are.
yeah, it was very hard to do, but you know, i always want to be truthful on my blog and expose things, no matter how ugly they are.
DNT:
hooray for happy hour! :-)
we should keep a running tally of posts that are like mirror images. ;-)
yeah, it will def. get better. i'm confident of that. it just sucks when you have to deal w/ the not so cool times.
ladynay:
awww, thanks! :-) the toes just got done, but i'd def. take you up on the drinks offer!
honey-libra:
it's funny how our mind has not catch up to what our heart already knows (and vice versa).
you're sooo right about needing to look back and see just how upset you were. sometimes it's easier to repress emotions, when you really need to allow yourself to feel the pain, anger, etc.
BBD:
well, sometimes the skeptic in me is right, and it's good that's present. it helps keep me on my toes.
thanks for the hug!
LOL @ immed. disliking the right guy. if you'd just make an honest woman out of me, you wouldn't feel that way! :-)
Post a Comment