must come to an end. :-( so, today is the last day of my lovely 4 day weekend. i checked my work e-mail during this time, but i didn't really do anything with/about the e-mails I was sent. so, i didn't do much of anything this weekend. i did sleep a whole lot and for some reason i ate a whole lot of sweets. i made a pan of Rice Krispies and those bad boys are long gone. i bought some cheap duplex cookies and i'm slowly making my way through them. oh, and how can i forget the raspberry sherbet? the quart hasn't been devoured, but i sure did put a dent in it. i'm also thinking about getting some peanut M&M's when i leave Panera. i know, i know, i'm trippin'. i don't know what my deal is. i used to have a serious sweet tooth, but for the past few years or so, i haven't had a tremendous taste for sweets. i'm sure this little phase will pass soon.
i also read a few books during my vacation. i re-read Fast Food Nation and started The Way We Eat: Why Our Food Choices Matter, started and competed an E. Lynn Harris novel (his writing has it's place, but i see it as fluff and it didn't surprise me that i read it in a evening), and i'm working my way through The Color of Water (which is great). you'd think with all that reading, i didn't make it out of my apartment. and well, for the most part i didn't. anyway, the two food books were/are real eye openers. i think they'd make even the most die-hard carnivore pause before taking a bite into his/her hamburger or chicken breast.
on the way to church yesterday, i found out my A/C is not working properly. it blows cool air, but it's not cool enough. i had this same problem late last summer, took it to the dealer and they replaced a pin that was loose. i had my car serviced recently, so i should be good. so, i decided to take it back to the dealer. i called to see when the closed and i was told 7 pm. i get there at like 5:30 and the woman tells me all the workers leave at 5 pm and that i should come back tomorrow. sigh... so, i drove over here for nothing? i really don't want to get up at the crack of dawn tomorrow, but i also didn't like riding in the heat today. we'll see how i feel tomorrow.
tomorrow i'll resume reading of resumes and cover letters and setting up interviews. this whole interviewing ppl thing has been quite interesting. i kinda like it, but then again, i kinda don't. my people have to do a project as part of the process. i e-mail it to them at a time they designate. one chick had the nerve to want to do hers at 9 pm! i had to kindly ask her to choose a time during normal business hours. lol... i like my job and all, but i will not be up at 9 sending you a project...
well, i hope you all had a great weekend and the rest of the week goes well.
14 comments:
That sweet tooth was singing this weekend huh? LOL
I have heard a lot about Fast Food Nation. The title of The Color of Water just sounds like it's good.
See I would have been mad, they could have told you that the workers left at 5 when you called and asked what time they closed! *eyeroll* How hot is it supposed to get there? It is supposed to be in the 80's on Wednesday here...
yes, it certainly was! i had a nice little stomach ache, so i think i've learned my lesson.
yeah, i know i was irritated. the good thing is that the dealership isn't far from my house. but, that's besides the point.
i think it's supposed to be in the 80's here too. i didn't make it to the dealership this morning, so i'll either try and go after work or tomorrow morning. i hope we get it cleared up.
i think i may need to read that "the way we eat" book.. but then again, i'm not a big fan of reading...
doesnt it feel good to do nothing?
Do we need to make another pregnancy announcement? I bet you were bouncing off the walls. I'm sad, no make that dismayed that I didn't get any Rice Krispies treats. :o( [I'll just go to my corner and prepare for my daily BBM related crying ritual.]
Did you run up on the woman at the dealership and hit her in the back of the head with a brick? I know you did. You're so violent. LOL!
I think I may reread the way we eat. I had the color of water on my to read list. It is hot here to e.
I think I am seriously thinking of a cooler place to live. LOL.
Sorry you didnt get your car looked at. m&m'sssssss. ooooooooohhhhh.
How I miss them.
I hope your week goes well.
ttd:
lol @ not being a big fan of reading. this book was very academic and i had to put it down after it a while. there was just too much information. i think if you read it, given that you're not a fan of reading, that you should do it in spurts.
and, yes, it does feel very good to do nothing.
freaky:
you know, when i was on my sugar binge, i thought about the pregnancy thing and laughed. unless an immaculate conception happens again, i'm 100% sure i'm not pregnant. as for the Rice Krispies... well, i don't see why you're dismayed. you were gone this weekend. you fly away, you lose. :-p
deep:
something told me you'd read it or least knew about it. it was getting a little too wordy for me, so i had to put it down. i'll try and resume this week. you should def. check out the color of water. i read it in 2 days.
what's funny is that it's not even as hot as it can get. and i'm considering moving to Houston! hmmm... maybe i should rethink that decision.
you gave up M&M's too?
[cries] You could've saved a row for me or even just a few of them. :o( Meanie!
hmmm glad you had a lovely vacation...but yeah all things good simply end..and dont we all hate it?
Your sweet tooth sounds like mine sometimes mostly during that time of the month or when I've had a few drinks LOL
Once again gotta love how you give out book recommendations..I'm gonna have to check those out after Cane River...
Hope you have a wonderful weekend :)
freaky: nope, no treats for you! i might be persuaded to make some more though.
yazmar:
i suppose it's a lesson to enjoy things while we can.
honey:
after a few drinks, huh? interesting...
i'm glad you like the book recommendations. you'll have to share how you enjoyed Cane River.
i hope you have a great weekend too!
Whoo air con. You'd love it here, cool fresh breeze right off the Arctic!
We have snow forecast for Sunday.
Your reading fest sounds lovely, hope you feel rested.
I agree asking to do a test at 9pm is ridiculous.
First of all, The Color of Water is a FANTASTIC book! I have read it a couple of times.
Second- air conditioning?? Wow, up here in Central PA we just got a couple of inches of snow/slush today- and over the break we got 6 -8 inches of snow. I'm over the cold and looking forward to moving down south- woo hoo! I'm over cold weather.
Glad that all is well :D
Rice Kripies Treats. You and me would be very fast friends. Trust me, I can understand the munchies.
apprentice:
yeah, i wasn't quite ready for the heat. in snowed when i was in NY and it was so pretty. not sure how i would feel if i had to live w/ it often.
julian:
Color of Water is def. the type of book i'd read again. a very fascinating life story.
yep, A/C. i turned it on last night in my apt. it didn't get really cold here, which i kinda sucked. but, then again, it is the south.
bronzebuckaroo:
:-D
Post a Comment