- i don't understand why when a person says they don't like being single, someone always has to chime in and say, "you better be glad you're not in relationship! enjoy it while you can!" i mean, who are you to marginalize someone's desires? if a person doesn't like being single, that's not necessarily a bad thing.
- i love MAC, and really, it's the only makeup that i purchase. i went in the store this past Sunday with the full intention of buying some blush and foundation. i don't really wear either one, but i decided i should get some for when i wanted to glam it up. however, when i walked in the store, not a single person working there greeted me! i walked around in there for a bit, looking around, and no one said a thing. granted, they were very busy, but someone should have saidat least hello. i just walked out. i still want to go back, though.
- Mr. Can't Get Ahead has a habit of saying, "Not to mention..." and it gets on my last nerve because he always uses it in the wrong context. i mean, you don't need to say 5 times in one conversation.
- Mr. Can't Get Ahead also asked me for a picture. after all these years we've never seen one another in person, which is fine by me. i told him i wouldn't send him one. he didn't like that too much. oh, well...
- i attempted to go shopping this weekend as some of my clothes are hanging off me and i look sloppy, but i didn't see anything i really wanted. that sucks...
- the place on my laptop where i plug in the ethernet cord (somebody help me with the proper name) has a short or something in it. this happened a few years ago and a tech came to the house to replace the motherboard. but, first i had to go through a lot of hassle w/ Dell. since the computer is still under warranty, i need to call them. i just don't have time to be on the phone all damn day.
- i finally figured out what "inside peanut butter, outside jelly" means.... yeah, i'm slow... :-)
- Homecoming is this weekend and i just can't get excited about it.
- November is almost here and i have yet to start a grad school application. i wonder if that means i'm lazy or that i really don't want to go. then again, i'm just through with the whole process. i hate the rigamarole of it all. i hate waiting on pins and needles for a stupid letter of recommendation, i hate waiting for the acceptance (or rejection) letter and all the other stuff.
- i still like my job, but... i'm getting tired. not tired in an exhausted way, but just tired of the sense of urgency. i know why we have to be this way, but i'm just tired of the constant structured problem solving. the season ends in February, and i'm looking forward to it! we'll still be busy, but with other things.
- on the bright side, i came into the office today, needing to secure at least 8 more meetings for my manager this week. i not only met my goal, but exceeded it! now i just gotta work my magic and make it happen for next week.
- the sound of people chewing gets on my last nerve. not smacking, just normal chewing. i don't know why that is. but, i do know it's why i like to talk during a meal---to cover up the sound.
- i'm always intrigrued by people who have me on their blog roll, but have never, ever left a comment. what is that about? (i know at least one person who has a keen insight into this issue! ;-)
- it's about time for me to look into travel for the holiday next month. i wanna go home, but i hate booking travel and i'm not looking forward to the airport hassle. since i can work from anyplace that there's an Internet connection, i may be able to go home for a whole week.
- one of the students i manage dropped the ball on an assignment i gave her. i realize we all make mistakes, but i was still disappointed. she did come up w/ a remedy to the problem. but, really, it's not going above and beyond. i'm sure she'll be fine, but damn, we really needed that done for the campaign.
- i hate that "Walk It Out" song, but i actually like the remix. well, at least Andre's verse.
“If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” -Audre Lorde
10.24.2006
random ramblings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 comments:
The make-up sounds a good idea, nice to treat yourself and glam up now and then.
Funny sometimes it's the mere thought of a task that makes ot difficult rather than the actual doing of it. I find I have to chip away at things, do a wee bit at a time towards some goals otherwise I'd never start. For me it's a protection, I guess I associate chasing my tail with the old me, and she got sick. But my new way gets me there just the same - guess these days I'm the tortoise lol!
I hate chewing noises too, and people who eat with their mouths open, unless they have a cold.
A whole week at home sounds great, hope it works out.
On the single thing, I think it's just a case of the "grass is always greener", people forget to look at the plus side of a relationship, or they don't want to appear like they're too dependent on someone, which is sad.
Get that "slap" (slang here for make-up) on girl and you'll bowl someone over. If you can sweet talk your boss into 8 meeting you've clearly got a gift, just needs rediected ;)
I so agree with the chewing, and the relationship comment they irk me. I always get that from a friend who has the husband and the children and they just dont get it. I dont care, and every relationship is different. How do you know that for me it wont be bliss. (sorry, I got a little carried away.)
I hope you get to go home for the holidays and enjoy them. I hate the walk it out song . have yet to hear the remix. Is there another MAC store you could go to. I love MAC. It really does look great on me. Unlike the other stuff, I look like a granny trying to get her groove back.
I hope you have a good day and great week.
So the sound of chewing in general gets on your nerves? How do you eat when your alone? Or am I missing the point?
I've never heard that inside PB song, what does the phrase mean?
MAC is a really good brand of make up so I hear, I don't wear it, but I heard it's one of the best!
No one says it's a requirement to get hyped about Homecoming. I'm never hyped about mine.
oh yeah, what is the pbj mean. I have no clue.
"not to mention" lol...I have been on more than a few blogs that have you on their blog roll that I have never seen comment here. They are mostly men too. I be like, oh they read her too! LOL
Ok so you and I need to get on the ball about grad apps..I'm happy I'm not the only one who is slacking on my pimpin LOL..I don't get the peanut butter thing so you're one up on me...I asked someone who i've known or rather talked to since i was a soph in college for a pic..and they always find an excuse..hmm I wonder LOL
I co-sign 100% with being annoyed when people tell me I should be glad I'm single. If I wanted to hoe around or not be in a relationship then I'd be turning cartwheels. I never thought about it like that but that's exactly what they do, marginalize your desire.
Well is there any reason besides not feeling Mr. Can't Get Ahead that you don't want to give him a picture of you. I think most people online tend to ask for pictures too soon (like the first time we talk). I think if you chat with someone for a good length of time I don't get the feeling that they're mainly or only interested in how I look.
I'm going to mention that issue in my next post. Those people irk, irritate, and annoy beyond rational reason. LOL!
I hope you get to go home and spend time with your people.
- I had to google "inside peanut butter outside jelly" lol
- I also HATE when people marginalize a person's desire to be in a relationship. Why wouldn't everyone want to be in a (good) relationship? It's like they're guilty about it or something- or they feel like they have to make you feel better or something.
- seeing the word "drop the ball" made me cringe- what if someone is blogging about how I dropped the ball??
- How do you feel about people that read your blog and comment but don't have you on their blog roll? lol- it's not on purpose...
apprentice:
yeah, i usually wear eye shadow and lip stick or gloss, but i never really take it to the next level.
you're right, i'm psyching myself out ruminating on the whole process. i know what i need to do and it's really not too big of a deal. i just need to get it done.
"slap"--- i love it! i feel compelled to use ut, even though no one here would know what i was talking about.
dnt:
oh, it's ok to get carried away! i feel the same way--- just because your relationship is a mess doesn't mean mine will be too. ppl are a trip sometimes.
well, i could go to another MAC, but i would have to drive to Lenox, and i live near Cumberland. so, you know, i'm not trying to drive all over town for some decent service!
i hope your week goes well too!
ladynay:
yes, i hate the sound of chewing in general. when i eat alone, i just have to deal w/ it.
"outside peanut butter, inside jelly," is referring to a car. the peanut butter is referring to the leather interior; you know how the peanut butter interior is hot right now. the jelly is about the candy paint exterior; they're saying it resembles jelly. either way, it's an ignorant ass song.
lol @ "not to mention..." you're silly! a few of the people you're talking about commented a looong time ago. but, the others haven't said a word.
honey-libra:
yeah, we need to get on it, ASAP! i'll start it this weekend--- wait, it's homecoming, and i might try and do somethin'.
yeah, i know all about excuses. at least with me, i straight up told him i didn't wanna send it!
freaky:
to be honest, i don't want to give it to him just because i don't want him to have it. i mean, why does he need it? i think really i'm just being mean and spiteful--- you're rubbing off on me!
i'd like to see you address that issue. you'd be better able to articulate why it's annoying.
julian:
yeah, girl, it's one of those southern hip hop songs that thankfully hasn't made it's way up north.
oh, i didn't mean to make you cringe. well, this young lady dropped the ball when she had all the information available to her. i don't think that's what happened w/ your situation.
oh, i don't mind if a commenter doesn't have me on their blog roll. i'm pretty lazy about updating mine!
I don't like being single. . .but I rationalize it with the fact that I'd rather be single wanting to be in a relationship than in a relationship and wanting to be single.
I used to like MAC studiofix foundation . . . it made my skin look flawless until I took it off and saw how it clogged my pores
clothes hanging off you . . . wish I had that problem . . .lol
Yeah I had to have the pbj reference explained to me by a teenager. . .
I feel ya on the single thing. Either you are like a leper because you are single or you are told cherish being single like marriage is a bitch.
LOL. Some singles want to be married, and some marrieds want to be single.
You always leave yourself open to me making perverted comments. One of these days I'm going to quit holding back.
Hey, don't blame that on me. You should give that man a picture so he knows who to stalk. :o)
Did I articulate why it's annoying well enough? LOL!
shana:
yeah, StudioFix is def. not for everyday use. really, i think that all makeup clogs your pores, in some way.
shai:
well, i might could understand it when married ppl say it to singles. but, i'm talking about when a single person says they want to be in a relationship and ppl respond that way. it's crazy.
fd:
you keep threatening to get off the chain. we'll see...
and yes, you certainly did! when you said mention it in a post, i thought it'd be a paragraph at most! not an entire post!
i hate that song too! im not into makeup.. but my girlfriends love mac... i went shopping last night.. didn't find anything either =(
i usally only do my eyes and lips, because it's fairly quick and easy, but i wanted to step out of the box a bit.
it's the worst when you have money to spend, but can't find anything! it seems like i always find loads of things when i don't have anything to work with!
i usally only do my eyes and lips, because it's fairly quick and easy, but i wanted to step out of the box a bit.
it's the worst when you have money to spend, but can't find anything! it seems like i always find loads of things when i don't have anything to work with!
shana:
yeah, StudioFix is def. not for everyday use. really, i think that all makeup clogs your pores, in some way.
shai:
well, i might could understand it when married ppl say it to singles. but, i'm talking about when a single person says they want to be in a relationship and ppl respond that way. it's crazy.
fd:
you keep threatening to get off the chain. we'll see...
and yes, you certainly did! when you said mention it in a post, i thought it'd be a paragraph at most! not an entire post!
blkbutterfly,
My name is Richard and I was reading your post and wondered if you got your computer fixed yet. If not let me know and I can try to assist you with that. I can be contacted at customer_advocate@dell.com, place attention Richard in the subject line. Thanks and have a pleasant day.
Regards,
Richard B
Dell Customer Advocate Associate
i hate that song too! im not into makeup.. but my girlfriends love mac... i went shopping last night.. didn't find anything either =(
"not to mention" lol...I have been on more than a few blogs that have you on their blog roll that I have never seen comment here. They are mostly men too. I be like, oh they read her too! LOL
Post a Comment